WordPress is a platform for deploying a website. There are nearly 75 million websites currently using wordpress!
Wordpress started out it’s life as a platform for bloggers, but in recent years has been extended to cover many additional capabilities. It is a good website choice for:
- General purpose websites
- Web-presence is essential for all business and professional services. If you don’t have a web presence, potential clients or customers may make unflattering assumptions about your readiness to do business. Your website is a validation piece for your business. Make sure it tells potential customers and clients who you are and what you do.
- eCommerce sites for downloadable or shippable products
- Online commerce is a very efficient way of selling, since overheads are much lower than for bricks and mortar stores. Your online store can become an adjunct to a retail store, or the primary goto place for your products and services. We can help you get started.
- Community based websites
- Stay in touch with your community. Allow others in the community to exchange information etc.
- Multi-author sites (eg. online newspapers)
- Online publishing has superseded print media. Consider this as your primary way of sharing articles and media for the public. Being an author is a good way to establish your expertise in a particular field.
- Multimedia based sites for images and video
- You can share multimedia from other sites (eg. Youtube, Vimeo) on your site to provide additional or primary engagement with your potential clients.
- Event calendars and schedules
- Provide calendaring and scheduling for your demographic.
Wordpress themes, which define the look and feel of your website, can be purchased for a modest cost or they can be custom designed.
Because WordPress is an extensible platform it can be readily adapted to the particular requirements of your business.